Children’s Center for Resilience
and Trauma Recovery
The Rutgers Children’s Center for Resilience and Trauma Recovery (CCRTR) is a grant funded program focused on engaging mental health professionals, community members, and caregivers in educational opportunities that increase the knowledge of youth mental health needs and provide the practical evidence-informed skills needed to support youth with mental health concerns. It is our mission to invite all voices into discussions about youth mental health and the best strategies to support them within their communities so that we truly create healing environments.
Primary goals of the CCRTR
- To provide evidence-based training, consultation, and capacity-building for existing and future New Jersey mental health providers, community members, and caregivers in practices including ARC and ARC-Grow.
- To expand evidence-based mental health awareness training, child treatment options, and consultation services to school personnel, law enforcement, military families, clergy, emergency squad teams, medical personnel, caregivers, and youth.
- To expand workshops and in-service programming to aid communities in the recognition, de-escalation, and referral process for addressing serious mental illness, trauma responses, and suicidality in youth.
- To implement a sustainable strategy for mental health awareness while developing a shared language about mental health & wellness that will impact communities beyond the grant cycle.
- To provide training in Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR), Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA), and Teen Mental Health First Aid (tMHFA)
- Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care
- New Jersey’s Children’s System of Care (CSOC)
- Statewide Parent Advocacy Network (SPAN)
- Burlington Country CIACC
- Burlington County Crisis Intervention Team
- Legacy Treatment Services
- Center for Trauma Training
- Center for Family Services
- Prevention Plus of Burlington County
Schenike Massie- Lambert, Ph.D., Principal Investigator & Program Coordinator
Michelle H. Pigott, Psy. D., Training & Consultation Specialist
Rutgers Children’s Center for Resilience and Trauma Recovery (CCRTR)
Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care